Arbuckle Life Solutions
Nine 10th Avenue NW
Ardmore, Oklahoma 73401
580-226-1656 - Phone
877-626-1656 - Toll Free
580-226-8657 - After Hours/Emergency
Services that Change Lives:
- Substance Abuse Assessments meeting requirements for Driver’s License Reinstatement.
- Alcohol and Drug Substance Abuse Education Courses (ADSAC and DUI classes) 10 and 24 hour formats.
- Outpatient Substance Abuse Treatment
- Six and Twelve Week DUI and Drug Offender Counseling Groups
- Recovery Maintenance Group
- Recovery Foundations Group
- Individual and Family Counseling
- Employee Assistance Programs
- Assessment and Treatment Services Meeting Department of Transportation (DOT) Guidelines
- Information and Referrals
- Film and Resource Library for Oklahoma Substance Abuse
- Practicum & Internship Placement for College Students
Please fill out this form for further information.
DUI Classes & More
- Our Services
Driving Under the Influence & Drug Offense Services
Driving under the influence & drug offense services that meet requirements for driver’s license reinstatement and can also end your substance abuse and change your life!
Alcohol and Drug Assessment and Referral Related to Driver’s License Revocation:
$160 - $175
Alcohol/Drug Substance Abuse Course (ADSAC) - Level I (10 Hour): $150
- Interactive basic education course to help individuals examine and change the high risk alcohol or drug use behavior. Participants are provided with information and support to help them develop a Personal Change Plan to avoid future problems with alcohol, other drugs and impaired driving.
- This course is provided in three sessions and the fee for the course is $150 and is set by the Oklahoma Department of Mental Health and Substance Abuse Services.
- This course is one of several referral options required by Oklahoma law for completion by offenders of Driving Under the Influence (DUI), Driving While Impaired (DWI), or persons convicted of any alcohol or other drug-related misdemeanor or felony in order to qualify for driver’s license reinstatement.
Alcohol/Drug Substance Abuse Course (ADSAC) - Level II (24 Hour): $360
- Interactive advanced education course to help individuals examine and change the high risk behavior. Participants are provided with information and support to help them develop a Personal Change Plan to avoid future problems with alcohol, other drugs and impaired driving.
- This course is provided in 12 sessions, two nights per week, and two hours per session over the course of six weeks. The fee for the course is $360 and is set by the Oklahoma Department of Mental Health and Substance Abuse Services.
- This course is one of several referral options required by Oklahoma law for completion by offenders for Driving Under the Influence (DUI), Driving While Impaired (DWI), or persons convicted of any alcohol or other drug-related misdemeanor or felony in order to qualify for driver’s license reinstatement.
Victims’ Impact Panel: $50
- This program offers a unique perspective to the drinking driver, presenting in a very personal way the far reaching effects of the choice to drink and drive. Through panel presentations the audience experiences the impact of drunk driving through the eyes of a victim or survivor, a rescue professional and an offender who has killed or maimed an
6 or 12-Week Outpatient Substance Abuse Treatment Group:
(Fees on Income-Based Sliding Scale)
- This group is designed for clients who are referred by assessors through the Alcohol / Drug Substance Abuse Course (ADSAC) process due to arrests resulting in suspension of driving privileges.
- Weekly counseling groups of 6 or 12-week duration designed to assist individuals with implementing their Personal Change Plans developed in the ADSAC Courses to eliminate the high risk use of alcohol and other drugs.
- Participants must attend all sessions during their treatment episode and agree to abstain from use of alcohol and other drugs throughout their treatment. Any missed sessions must be made up.
- Participants must also attend self-help groups in the community and provide signed proof of their attendance.
Recovery Maintenance Group:
(Fees based on Income - Sliding Scale)
- Aftercare program for those who have completed Residential Treatment.
- This program consists of one group session per week and individual and family sessions as needed.
- Each participant is expected to attend self-help group meetings in the community and provide signed proof of their attendance.
Employee Assistance Program - Information for employers
Problems at home = problems at work
Anyone can experience personal problems at anytime in their lives, which can cause less-than-peak performance on the job and sometimes personal problems can become so overwhelming we are unable to handle them ourselves.
Arbuckle Life Solutions, Inc. Employee Assistance Program (EAP) offers assistance to employees and their dependents who need outside help to deal with any number of personal problems so they can return to an acceptable level of functioning. EAP’s are provided by employers so that employees and their dependents may benefit from the early detection, care and handling of personal or emotional problems, drug abuse, legal problems or alcoholism, to name a few. Arbuckle Life Solutions, Inc. also offers Substance Abuse programs tailored to meet individual needs of area business and industry.
It pays to help employees.
Enlightened management teams implement Employee Assistance Programs in their organizations to help themselves and their employees.
Such programs have resulted in good track records in reducing absenteeism, employee turnover, on-the-job accidents and the use of health benefits. They have shown as high as a six-to-one return on investment in reducing the direct dollar cost of employee benefit packages.
Equally important, other benefits surface as a result of EAPs: higher morale and increased job satisfaction. The staff of Arbuckle Life Solutions, Inc. can help your program establish such a program.
How EAP works
Arbuckle Life Solutions, Inc.’s Employee Assistance Program offers comprehensive services to employees and their families. The goal of any EAP program is to assist troubled employees in resolving their particular problems, thus making employees fully productive again.
Our EAP services are designed to help individuals who face a variety of personal problems such as marital conflicts, substance abuse, family problems, emotional problems, and child or adolescent difficulties. Employees and their immediate family members receive assessment, short-term counseling or referral to providers with skills matching their identified need. Arbuckle Life Solutions, Inc.’s staff is on call 24-hour a day and 7 days a week.
Additional services may be provided for businesses that contract with Arbuckle Life Solutions, Inc. for EAP services. For instance, stress management seminars may be offered in workshop format to selected groups of employees who may have evidenced a need for such specialized trainings. In the event that a traumatic event happens, Arbuckle Life Solutions, Inc. can bring in trained professionals to conduct Critical Incident Stress Debriefings.
Arbuckle Life Solutions, Inc.’s staff consists of trained professionals experienced in assessing, treating and referring persons with personal problems affecting job performance. We have Licensed Professionals Counselors as well as Licensed and Certified Alcohol/Drug Counselors on staff.
We have formal and informal agreements with other community agencies and professionals who are skilled in dealing with more specific types of employee problems whenever a referral is needed.
Arbuckle Life Solutions, Inc.’s staff will help management develop policy, and establish a referral system. We will train your supervisors to identify behaviors, develop documentation skills, focus on safety and performance, clarify expectations and confront issues with confidence while helping your company and employees.
To encourage employees to seek help for their problems, EAP contacts are provided in confidence. Arbuckle Life Solutions, Inc.’s staff adheres to strict federal and state confidentiality standards. These standards are made clear to employees and supervisors during initial orientation and also at the time of each EAP contact. Periodic utilization reports are provided for the employer regarding the number of employees using the program. No names or identifying information is listed in utilization reports.
As an employer, where do I start?
Arbuckle Life Solutions, Inc.’s staff is available to discuss your EAP needs at any time during business hours. There are a number of options available to employers and Arbuckle Life Solutions, Inc.’s staff is skilled at tailoring programs to meet individual business needs.
Arbuckle Life Solutions, Inc. is not a for profit corporation. It was founded in 1987 and has expanded rapidly in response to the needs of Southern Oklahoma.
In addition to providing Employee Assistance Program Services, Arbuckle Life Solutions, Inc. is a Certified Alcohol and Drug Abuse Treatment Program, having met the criteria set forth by the Board of the Oklahoma Department of Mental Health and Substance Abuse Services.
- Drinking is affecting work performance
- Drinking is affecting personal of family life
- Inability to sleep without alcohol and/or drugs
- Taking illicit drugs at work
- Need for good family physician
- Need for good medical specialist
- Conflicts with supervisor or co-workers
- Help in identifying available specialized community resources
- Referrals to other community providers
- Illness within the family
- Referral to lawyer for civil matters
- Stress and anxiety problems
- Depression and mood swings
Employee Assistance Program - information for employees
Questions & Answers
What is an Employee Assistance Program?
It is employer-sponsored program. The employer retains the services of a qualified counseling resource that specializes in the assessment of personal problems. The program provides confidential, professional assistance to help employees and their families resolve problems that affect their personal lives or job performance. Besides being confidential, the program is voluntary. It is designed to allow the employee or family to seek help on his or her own.
How Does the Employee Assistance Program Work?
- The request for help may be initiated by the employee or the family. Simply call Arbuckle Life Solutions, Inc. and an appointment will be arranged. Confidentiality is assured. The discussion of the problem is strictly between you and the counselor. Neither your employer nor your co-workers will have any knowledge of your request for help. If the need is indicated, the counselor may encourage other members of your family to participate in the program.
- Your supervisor may encourage the use of the Employee Assistance Program when a performance problem occurs in order to determine if personal problems may be interfering with the job. The supervisor will not attempt to diagnose or counsel you on personal issues.
Why is a program like this needed?
Progressive organizations are providing Employee Assistance Programs to their employees because they care about their employees and its good business.
Each of us, regardless of our position in an organization, faces a variety of problems in our daily lives. Usually, we can work them out. Sometimes our problems become too much for us to handle as they affect our personal happiness, our family relations, our performance at work and even our health. When this occurs, we often need professional help in resolving them. Without proper attention, these problems may become worse and the consequences are often unpleasant and expensive.
What kinds of problems will the Employee Assistance Program deal with?
The program deals with human problems, the kinds that affect an employee’s personal well-being and his/her ability to perform on the job. These problems may include marital difficulties, financial or legal problems, emotional difficulties or problems cause by alcohol or other drug abuse.
But aren’t those private problems? Does the employer have the right to interfere with an employee’s personal life?
Certainly these are personal problems, that is, until they begin to have an effect in the employee’s performance on the job. Many times these problems begin to affect the morale of fellow workers and the overall effectiveness of the organization. The intent of the Employee Assistance Program is to prevent that from happening. It’s an offer of a helping hand - not an attempt to pry or punish. The program is strictly confidential and voluntary. The employer sponsors the Employee Assistance Program but does not get involved in the evaluation process.
What about family problems? Does the program apply to the spouse or family?
YES! Since an employee’s personal well-being and work performance can be affected by the problems of a spouse or a dependent, this program is also made available to the family. It is hoped the family problems can be corrected before they affect the employee’s performance at work.
Who will pay for the cost of counseling or other professional services that might be necessary?
An assessment and two follow-up sessions are provided at no cost to the employee or family member. For services beyond that, the employee’s health insurance and/or other benefits will be considered. If services that are not covered by insurance are necessary, the counselor will try to help the employee minimize the cost by making referrals to the most appropriate agency. These costs will be the employee’s responsibility, but many times services are available which are based on the individual’s ability to pay. When applicable, sick leave, vacation or leave of absence may be used.
Does this mean that our organization has an unusual number of employees with problems?
NOT AT ALL!! It simply means that your organization cares about its employees. The organization is more than buildings and equipment. One of its biggest resources is its employees and when an employee has problems, it is simply good business for the employer to offer help in resolving them as early as possible.
What about work related problems?
This program has no affect on the way work-related problems are handled. It deals only with personal problems. Work-related problems are dealt with through existing organizational policies and procedures.
If the program is entirely confidential, how will success of the program be evaluated?
Periodic reports will be given to the employer on the number of employees using the program. No names or other identifying information will be included in this employer report. If an employee wants the employer notified of his/her progress in resolving problems, or if special considerations need to be made that affect work, such as leave of absence, those situations can be addressed with the counselor.
EAP - Employee Assistance Program
This program is designed to assist employees and their dependents in dealing with personal problems that pose a threat to their health, well-being and/or possibly their jobs. Confidential assistance is made available through special arrangements by your employer.
Copyright 2010: Arbuckle Life Solutions | Oklahoma Substance Abuse. All Rights Reserved